Monday 19 August 2013

Post-Weekend Report

This weekend I had the pleasure and honour of being a part of Whitney and Justin's wedding. It was a gorgeous day - perfect weather, beautiful setting, and a LOT of desserts. The afternoon barbeque was fantastic. I was able to keep things on track with a lot of veggies and a homemade burger (sans bun).  The reception was a dessert reception, and I will admit to partaking in some sugar-y goodness. But thankfully there was some paleo-ish baking available, with minimal sugar, so I stuck to that, for the most part. 
Friday night was another story though. All of the girls went for sushi and bowling (I haven't bowled in YEARS. I think I got a thumb blister). We had a room at a hotel, so it was full of bachelorette treats - cupcakes, chocolate, and candy. I did my best. I tried not to be an anti-fun anti-food person, so I kind of fell apart with the peanut butter M&M's. Saturday morning I stepped it up though and kept things on track with a solid breakfast and green tea (I even stole some hard boiled eggs from the breakfast buffet to eat later on - good thing I had them!). I had packed some food with me for the weekend as well, so all hope wasn't lost. 
It's HARD, when everyone around you is eating all these yummy desserts, to say no. Every opportunity I had to eat veggies and protein, I loaded up in the hopes that I wouldn't be hungry when it came to sugar time. It worked - sort of. That willpower of mine still lacks. Back on track this morning though. Solid breakfast, setting me up for a solid day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment