Friday 23 August 2013

One week in...

So it's been about a week since I have started my pre-wedding nutrition adventure. I think overall things have been going well. I've been making green eggs every morning, getting in more vegetables before most people's alarm clock has even gone off. I've also been taking the effort to make a solid dinner when I get home, when all I really want to do is eat nachos and salsa. I've also been drinking SO. MUCH. WATER. The real lemon water is refreshing and I really like it. I am, however, peeing like a racehorse. Apparently I will get used to it, but really, its ridiculous sometimes. BUUUUT, I'm going to keep drinking water.
Last night while visiting a long time friend, I was presented with a challenge. Her family is wonderful, and very Italian. There is always plenty of homemade baking to be had, and they pretty much don't let up if you say no. It's their way of being hospitable. So, I of course didn't want to be rude when I plate of 7 kinds of baking was set in front of me. I said "no thank you" about 3 times, but the offers keep coming, so I went about things a different way. I asked Mama D. what her favourite dessert was, and that I would have 1 taste of it. Sure enough, the peanut butter balls won, and I had one. She was satisfied, and so was I. All were happy. I then continued to munch on watermelon and cantaloupe while visiting.
I put on a pair of pants this morning, and the little belly that usually hangs a bit over the wide waistband wasn't there! Maybe it was because it was fairly early in the morning, but I'm going to mark it down as a small victory and use it as motivation to keep it clean this weekend. I have a feeling it will be a weekend of eating at a couple restaurants as we will be going to a concert, so I'll do my best and let you know on Monday how I fare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment