Sunday 8 September 2013

What a week!

So if you haven't already heard, the Catalyst Games were held yesterday. A huge whirlwind of a day, two days actually. Friday started at 6am at the gym for a usual work day, and ended at 10pm in a rainstorm loading up trucks and trailers with tires, weights, and floor mats. Saturday started at 6am at the Pavilion unloading and setting up, ending with a giant beer (it was really giant) at 10pm after all had been returned to the Park after a day of crazy awesome competition. In the midst of the busy-ness, I kept my eating mostly on track (save for the giant beer, which was more for my mental health than physical). Probably not eating enough, but doing my best. I find that in order to drink enough water, I need to have a GIANT water bottle. It's in my face and says "yo, I'm here. Drink me." If I have a normal sized water bottle, I'm always looking for it, or too busy/lazy to refill it. So the past 2 crazy days, I have been able to drink a lot of water due to the "in-my-face-ness" of my water bottle.
Matt has also been on board with my eating plan. During the Games, I asked if he could swing by Subway and grab me a tuna sub. I didn't want him to go too out of his way just because I was busy. What did he do instead? Went home and made me homemade tuna salad and put it in a container with a bunch of veggies, and packed a bag with almonds and plantain chips to snack on. SO helpful to have his support. I also may be pretty crude when it comes to eating well ("Matt, don't feed me $h*t, I have a wedding dress to pack myself into!").
So this no coffee thing that Eusebi has got me into isn't all that bad. I was given a coffee at the Games (Thanks Lisa!), drank about half and was thankful for the caffeine boost. I think it just made me pee more, which I really didn't have time for! Back to green tea for this kid after a couple coffees this weekend. Ah well, sometimes, one coffee isn't the worst thing (let's not talk about the burger and fries I had with that giant beer. It was a long day.)
Six more sleeps until the big day. I'm spending Sunday afternoon and evening in the kitchen, making delicious food for the short work-week, and enjoying some peace and quiet. I might be able to sneak in a final blog post with some before and after numbers, before I post pictures of me in my wedding dress!!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment