Thursday 26 September 2013

Sorry!!!

I extend an apology to all of the readers out there. I took quite the hiatus since my last post. I've been a bit busy, but I do believe I warned you it would be awhile. I was off busy, getting married and honeymooning and all that fun stuff! To bring you up to speed on everything, the wedding was perfect and the honeymoon was relaxing and wonderful. That about sums it up.On more specific notes, related to this blog, here are some of my observations:
- most of the weight I lost came from my "upper body" area. Good thing that dress had some structure to it, because it wouldn't have stayed up otherwise!
- I'm pretty sensitive to sugar. After being pretty good about not eating many sweets, and then indulging in desserts and chocolate, my belly (and digestive system in general) wasn't too happy with me.
- something about the more strict food plan helped me in recovery and pain management. I haven't nailed down what it was - water intake, lemon water, super amounts of vegetables, or less sugar (or a combination of all) - but my back pain (from a nagging injury from earlier in the year) was significantly decreased. Now that I'm going a little overboard on things, the back pain and soreness after a WOD is back with a vengeance, it's time to sort things out.
- Whether it was because I had adrenaline pumping through me, or because I was all glammed up with hair and makeup done, I felt like I looked awesome in my wedding dress.
That was the whole goal of this project, really. So here we are, I'm hitched, but I will probably continue with most of the things Steph helped me with. I've already started back on track since being home from the honeymoon and feeling better about myself just for wanting to get back on track. I may post an update here or there as I continue on this never-ending nutrition journey.

P.S. Go see Steph if you want nutrition help. She's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment